Well, another year over, and a new one just begun. (Or to put it another way – I think 2015 was great, but for 2016 I just can’t wait!)
Have you ever listened to that original Christmas song by John Lennon and Yoko Ono? It’s called Happy Xmas (War Is Over), which might be obvious to you if you like(d) The Beatles, were alive in the 70’s and/or are British.
This is one of those songs which everyone has heard in some capacity, but I suspect that not all of us realize the connection with John Lennon. I mention this because it has been covered A LOT in the past couple of decades by a number of different recording artists.
The one that I am most familiar with and enjoy the most is done by an emo indie band called Sense Field. They were popular in the early 2000s and similar in sound to Jimmy Eat World if that helps you get a sense of what to expect from them. Check the song out here, you might enjoy it.
Anyways, it’s time to start connecting the dots.
I hope all of you enjoyed your Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and Festivus breaks, dear readers, because it’s time to make this year on timotheories the most memorable one yet!
It’s incredibly convenient that memories serve as little reminders of a mission completed, a task checked off, of a lesson learned. Don’t you think?
And that is what today is all about. You see, I took a week off of timotheories if you haven’t visited us in a while.
I did this because it was Christmas time for me, my family, and girlfriend’s family. I always plan my life this way around the Christmas and New Year’s season, because I know that a lot of things go down at this time of year, and it can be difficult to fit it all in if I don’t make room in my schedule for it.
Which is why it’s time for me to get started with taking my organization to the next level, and I’m going to share some of my plans with you to inspire you and to also give you a better idea of what to expect after the Timely Thursday post I left you with on December 24th. Check it out here for a refresher.
You see I’ve been sick the past couple of days, and whenever I get sick, I get to thinking and I also get to movie watching. It’s always been something I’ve done when I was under the weather. Think about life, make adjustments, and watch movies.
Which may be part of the reason why I invented the Watch List.
And so I’ve come up with a short list of what to expect for sure in 2016, though there will definitely be some surprises in store too. Below is what I’ve thought about during my time away.
- I am going to put together an interview with a local artist and release it every month. That means 12 interviews this year. This will go on my timotheories YouTube channel, currently called timotheories Interviews. Exciting right?
- For the first time ever, timotheories will start releasing another series of videos on my YouTube channel called timotheories presents CrossTalk – where I and my not yet named co-host will address themes which are hidden in films. It will feel like a conversation, as opposed to a “best of”, “top 10”, “review” series. Think barroom philosophy meets YouTube production. This will likely also be released once a month, but the frequency will depend on how often we can get content together
- I host a weekly “game night” at my house which has now come under the fold of timotheories presents Real Time Games. Real Time Games is a recognition of the inherent value of socialization in an ever-inward facing world and a challenge to pick up board games to get much needed interaction with other human beings. We will be releasing video reviews (minimum one a month) that explain the game in a fun and straightforward way. We make board games accessible for all.
- I am going to continue to release 5 posts a week under the main timotheories banner.
- Stimulating Sunday posts will be about theories in the arts and new content to the brand
- Melodic Monday posts will feature music reviews (either local or international)
- Theatrical Tuesday posts will zero in on film releases (in cinema or for home) and local theatre
- Wisdom Wednesday posts will provide you with ideas for your art practice and motivation
- Timely Thursday posts will be topical, whether it’s what is going on in the world or more personal
And that’s about it for theories right now!
It might seem a little ambitious my friends, but I promise that the further along we go, the more this will benefit you and by the time 2016 is over, we’ll be surprised by all that has been accomplished.
Check back tomorrow for an exciting album review and if you want to hear more about my personal goals for 2016, be sure to tune in on Thursday for another timely post!